We have enjoyed working under the direction of many distinguished musicians in our 65 years as a choir. Most recently we devoted time to exploring voice production and language under the expert guidance of multi-disciplinary artist Dianna Nixon.
For our last project of 2017, Handel’s Messiah with guest choristers, we engaged baroque expert Peter Young as chorus-master. The concert was conducted by the dynamic Leonard Weiss who has earned a reputation in Canberra as an innovative and engaging conductor across many genres of music.
In 2018 we will present a series of concerts, each prepared and conducted by guests drawn from the huge pool of talented musicians in and around Canberra. See our 2018 program.
Previous CCS artistic/musical directors
- Dianna Nixon, 2017
- Tobias Cole, 2011-2016
- Dr Peter Pocock, 2005-2010
- Judith Clingan, 2004-2005
- John Gilbert (Acting), Sept 2003-Dec 2003
- Thomas Burge, Jan 2002-Sept 2003
- Christoph Moor, July 2001-Oct 2001
- Piroska Varga, Jan 2000-June 2001
- Robyn Holmes, 1993-1999
- Christopher Lyndon-Gee, 1989-1993
- Hans Gunter Mommer, 1985-1989
- Donald Hollier, 1977-1985
- Ayis Ioannides, 1971-1976
- Wilfred Holland, 1962-1971
- Jane Malone, 1958-1961
- Ronald Penny, 1952-1957